SundaySunday night was spent on gun porn: first and foremost, trying to fill out the details on Go-guns...
- ...but then writing in some details on skopetchkas too...
- ...and adding, and changing the layout very slightly, to derping more about 8.8mm, which was still disgracefully written as of when I signed off that night.
MondayMonday saw me introduce at least one new thing: modern Pomerania. With this post, Pomerania's become the second state in the verse (after the G.P. of Cabralia) to merit two blog posts for different eras - although to be fair, Pomerania's a very different place in both eras.
- Contemporaneous with this post was a significant revision of the Burning Thirties, which has now become exhaustive (and long) enough to no longer merit the damnable "work in progress" tag.
- Various spontaneous details as I wrote in the Burning Thirties - that Oskar's son is named Carlos, for instance, or that the guy who crashes his wedding is one Gen. Adler - were added where they belonged, which involved editing Teresa Maria, Oskar, Mexico, *Texas, their war, both Cabralias, and a few others besides.
- The long-neglected Günther Bible was edited very slightly, to include some terminology. It's still very fluffy, but I've made my first edits to the Biblical canon tonight.
- A number of wars were edited for stylistic reasons, mostly to put more hyperlinks in the boring parts at the top of the entry.
- After some thinking, I added an addendum to Gran Peru, observing how much I've wanked it (by making it into something roughly the size of Argentina.)
TuesdayTrying to expand on modern Pomerania, I posted about service-based suffrage, an idea that hasn't gone anywhere significant since.
- I think I also edited the Polish-Ruthenian Commonwealth to mention the incredible violence of their Sejm, linking it back to TV Tropes to emphasize the point. I know I also edited
WednesdayAlthough it wasn't actually posted until the next morning, I wrote up a happy, derpy thought: the Sanjak of Jerusalem. I say "happy" because the metaphor of "Beiyang Turkey" got a giant "FUCK" from the one person I know with an appreciation of recent Chinese history; that means that there's room to play with this stuff.
- ACP got edited a bit. Its product selection was cleaned up, and the fluff about the 09/19 being mostly used for suicides (and subalterns packing heavier heat) was added.
- UCNA calibers got reworked a fair bit too: broken up, rearranged, and extensively expanded, with .44-77 Sharps reworked into the happily alliterative .49-94. More significantly, the distinction between "H11" and "H13" was added in, foreshadowing my work on the next day...
ThursdayNow this was a productive day for me, starting with an expansion of the H11/H13 thing into a post of its own.
- Then, when I was done with that, I remembered that I was building towards something, and wrote a post on a war caused by that controversy.
- And, as a breather, it occurred to me that I should write another trope, along the lines of the Taiping Princess. I've been meaning to write "The Backbiting Journalists" for awhile now, but without an expansion of "backbiting" it'd be a waste of time, and I'm in a gunny mode tonight. So I wrote up the Swiss Advisor, and hyperlinked him to a bunch of places.
- Having written the Chergui, I then went back and edited Mahdism to mention it - and, more than that, to start a comprehensive list of Mahdist conflicts, because I'm having a lot of trouble keeping track of which wars where when.
- And when I was done catching the list up to the present moment, I made my last edits of the night by going back to service-based suffrage, linking it to the Burning Thirties, and then considerably expanding on why it's dysfunctional in Poland-Ruthenia.